The company was spread across multiple sites, homeworking, and had a 24-hour contact centre. They had multiple updates which needed training out to everybody in claims each month.
The old way:
A trainer would build the classroom training and people would attend the session.
Advisors would need to physically go to the training room to receive the training. A trainer would need to be on site to deliver the training. Sometimes, if the phone lines were busy, the training would get pulled. This meant the training staff, had sometimes worked a late shift or weekend for no reason.
Virtual learning. The course was designed to be delivered via WebEx, it had interactive sections so people wouldn’t switch off. Advisors could dial in from their desks and one trainer could deliver to multiple sites at once from the comfort of their own desk or even home for those late or weekend sessions.
Here are just some of the benefits we saw:
- A quicker turnaround for advisors as they did not need to leave their desk
- The sessions were recorded, so if somebody was unable to attend they didn’t miss out
- The training room could be used for other things
- The training could be delivered from anywhere at any time
- It actually increased teamwork as advisors would help each other log on to WebEx